Vision and Values (SMSC)
We give, and expect, 100% every day from everybody.
Our Vision Statement
At Barton Moss we have high aspirations for all our children and our school community. We understand that every child is valuable and has a right to be successful. We will deliver a broad and balanced curriculum where creativity, individual thinking and questioning is valued and life-long learning skills are developed. Barton Moss promotes the British Values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
Head – Love of learning
We will teach our children to value learning and knowledge and to aspire to achieve their full academic potential.
Heart – Emotional Resilience
We will encourage our children to develop emotional resilience and become socially confident, self-motivated individuals.
Hands – Tolerance and Respect
We will empower our children to celebrate difference and to treat one another with dignity and respect.
Spiritual, moral, social and cultural values underpin all that we do at Barton Moss. We recognise that this element of a child’s education is crucial to the healthy development of every individual. These values are fundamental in ensuring that our pupils develop positive attitudes and support our core school values of: A love of learning, emotional resilience, tolerance and respect.
Our SMSC curriculum permeates every area of school life and gives children opportunities to:
- Value everyone equally
- Take responsibility for our actions and accept the consequences that go with them.
- Be able to reflect on the appropriateness of the choices we make.
- Develop personal relationships based on trust, self-confidence and mutual respect.
- Be active responsible citizens in a democratic society.
- Become resilient in the face of difficulties and challenge.
- Develop questioning, enquiring minds.
- Express our thoughts and ideas appropriately and sensitively.
- Secure strong trusting relationships with each other and all school staff.
- To learn deep respect for others and their views.
- Be given the time for pupils’ opinions and feelings to be heard.
We celebrate our pupil’s achievements together, as demonstrated through a wide range of events and reward activities.
In addition to developing spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities for our pupils, we ensure that the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and respect and tolerance are given a high profile at Barton Moss.